Now more than ever we have to take control of our mental and emotional wellness.
In a society whose mental health system is failing our children, our families, our elderly and our communities, we as individuals have to start making a conscious effort to better our emotional and mental wellness.
Yes, many of us were not taught these skills as children.
Yes, many of us do not know where to start.
Yes, many of us are weary if it works… I am here to tell you living a more intentional life and making your emotional and mental health a priority is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself, your loved ones and all future generations.
Embracing an intentional lifestyle and infusing it into your everyday life is a gamechanger for your health, your wealth and your happiness.
1. Your Emotional Wellness - Doing the surface level self care is no longer enough. Yes going to the spa, buying that jacket, getting your hair done, exercising, taking baths and going on trips are amazing ASPECTS of self care. They are so important to engage in, however by simply engaging in self care you are NOT going to be guaranteed emotional wellness. Emotional wellness is the next level up in self care where you go deeper in making your emotional wellness a priority so self care becomes a lifestyle, versus something you just do. Learning to manage your emotional wellness starts from the inside.
2. Your Personal Energy - Learn how to protect your energy. If you are new to viewing the world through an energetic lens that I suggest you start here with The Ultimate Guide to your Personal Energy. Viewing life through an energetic lens is science. It is the future. It is how we need to start viewing our worlds to take control of our emotional and mental wellness.
3. Your Thoughts and Beliefs - Did you know that we have over 60,000 per day…. And 95% of these thoughts are almost the same as the ones we had the day before? In order to really make changes in your life, you have to start learning how impactful your thoughts and beliefs are on your life and how you can start changing them. Start working on your beliefs and understanding why you are the way you are and start changing from the inside out.
4. Your Time - Time is all we have. Guard it. Protect it. Use it for things that make you happy. That brings you closer to your goal. That sparks joy in your life. Cherish the moments with the ones you love, say no more than you say yes.
Want to REALLY get present as well as find clarity and direction for your Intentional year ahead? Create your Life Vision for 2021 with this FREE powerful intention setting workbook that will guide you on your Intentional Lifestyle.
5. Your Words - once you say something you can never take it back. Start being aware of your words and taking responsibility for what comes out of your mouth. It is all so easy to lash out at the ones we love. Learn to be more intentional about what you say before you say it.
6. Your Relationships - do you have relationships that you know are draining your energy, that are unhealthy and leaving your feeling worse about yourself than better? Relationships are what makes humans be human. We all need connection. However sometimes, we can find ourselves in relationships that are tearing us down versus building us up. Doing a relationship inventory in your life will help you move away from the energy vampires and towards the energy boosters.
7. Your Space - Decluttering your physical space has been proven to bring a calmness and mindfulness into your life. It has been shown to decrease stress. This doesn't mean you have to go and be a minimalist or feng-shui your whole house… it just means you start letting go of stuff you do not need, question why before you mindlessly buy, learning how to create capsule wardrobes, bringing more simplicity to your life. Let's be honest do you really need those 10 tank tips - 8 of which you never wear? Start letting go of stuff, tidying up your space and create room for clarity and calmness in your life.
8. Your Money + Money Mindset - Having your money all out of whack does not bring good energy into your life, and it is just a whole lotta stress you don't need. Having a negative money mindset is going to keep you exactly where you are year after year. Taking a serious look at your finances and your relationship with money can be scary AF - but guess what nobody else is going to come in and do it for you. If you were not taught how to do it, take a course and learn it. This is your future. Your financial legacy and you must learn how to manage it. Not only is this going to empower the F out of you, it is going to set you up for the future.
9. Your Health - Ditch the diets okay? Start learning and playing the long game for your health. Learn about intuitive eating, start viewing food as fuel for your body, learn the basics of the food groups and make this a lifestyle versus a ‘quick fix to lose 20 lbs’ - Because we all know diets don’t work. Go back to basics. Baby steps.
10. Your Future - Do you have a Life Vision? Have you ever sat down to take the time to figure out (and write out) what you want in your life? Without having some sort of Vision for your Life, it is like hoping in the car and asking Google Maps to just drive… Although I am sure this makes for a fun road-trip… you want to be the navigator of your life - not Google. Creating a Life Vision is one of the first steps you can take to start getting clarity, living with more purpose and getting aligned with your dream life.
11. Your Values - Do you know your core Values? When you define your core values and when you begin to live your life aligned with these values, your life begins to change. You are able to let go of stuff that is no longer serving you and instead focus on the stuff that lights you up… creating change on all sorts of levels in your life.
I know this list can seem a little overwhelming. The thing is, you just need to pick 1-2 items on the list and start.
This is all about taking intentional and aligned steps moment to moment.
It is about the big picture of life. There is no right or wrong way to do it. If you fall off track, you just get back on it. However, once you plant these seeds, once you start incorporating it into your lives, you will see the difference… and when you do stray you will want to find your way back as you will see what a powerful impact living a more intentional lifestyle has on all aspects of your physical, emotional and mental wellness.
Know someone who would love this post? Share Below on Pinterest!