Strength and Courage Quotes from Brené Brown to Inspire You!Apr 07, 2020
Having one of the most viewed TED Talks EVER, Brené Brown is making waves on how we can bring humanness back to humanity.
If you haven’t checked her out – definitely do as you will feel less alone, more empowered and you will probably learn a thing or two about vulnerability, courage and strength along the way.
With a background in social work, I love supporting others through the messiness of life, and Brené Brown is one of my top girl crushes.
The fact emotions, humanness and all the uncomfortable stuff that we all deal with day in and day out are being brought into international light, makes my heart explode.
Added bonus -- being a total quote nerd, I am always ready to add some arsenal to my self-development toolkit.
Below are 16 epic Brené Brown quotes about strength and courage to keep you moving forward.
One scary step in front of the other.
- “What we know matters, but who we are matters more.”
- “The willingness to show up changes us, it makes us a little braver each time.”
- We don't have to be scary when we're scared. Let’s choose awkward, brave, and kind. And let’s choose each other.
- “Vulnerability is not about winning, it is not about losing. It’s having the courage to show up when you can’t control the outcome.”
- “Today I choose courage over comfort”
- “Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen.”
- “What we don’t need in the midst of struggle, is shame for being human.”
- “Authenticity is the daily practice of letting go of who we think we’re supposed to be and embracing who we are.”
- “Don’t try to win over the haters; you are not a jackass whisperer.”
- “Imperfections are not inadequacies; they are reminders that we’re all in this together.”
- “Courage is Contagious”
- “I now see how owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we will ever do.”
- “Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change.”
- “What’s the greater risk? Letting go of what people think – or letting go of how I feel, what I believe, and who I am?”
- “Sometimes the bravest and most important thing you can do is just show up.”
- "Truth and courage aren't always comfortable, but they're never weakness."
Tell me in the comments below do you have any favourite quotes you have by Brené Brown that are not on this list?
Amplify Your Life with the following tools:
Interested in learning more practical tips and strategies for your mental well being and personal development - check out these articles:
- 7 Simple Self-Care Tips to Ease Overwhlem
- 11 Ways to Declutter Your Mind
- 5 Facts Everyone Needs to Know About Personal Energy
- 80 Stress Relief Quotes for Self Empowerment
- 5 Micro Habits to Live a More Aligned Life
OR Check Out these FREE Resources Below:
Discover how to set intentions that actually work. Grab my FREE identity-based goal setting framework below.